Student Media is a major professional development resource for students entering media fields.
- Weekly student-run newspaper.
- Self-supporting with ad sales.
- Employs 25 managers and 270 writers.
- In 2015, The Temple News won a state-record 21 Keystone Press Awards from the Pennsylvania Newspaper Association in the four-year college newspaper category, breaking the previous record of 17 it shared with Penn State’s Daily Collegian.
- The Temple News was also recognized as a winner in six categories and as a finalist in six others in the Society of Professional Journalists Region 1 Mark of Excellence Awards, which were announced back in mid-April at the Region 1 conference at Hofstra University. Six students from The Temple News staff attended the conference for two full days of sessions and seminars on reporting, editing and career development.
- Award-winning yearbook.
- Employs 15 managers and 30 writers.
- During the 2014-15 academic year, WHIP offered 15 weekday radio programs and six weekend shows.
- Employs 18 managers and 85 students as on-air talent.